- If you’ve never worked with that person before, take it for a test run. No need to jump in until you can figure out if you have a good working relationship
- Are you mentally on the same level? Think this is an important one. I think there needs to be a mutual respect for the intellectual horsepower.
- Are you ready to work equally hard on the idea?
- Do your due diligence on what they’ve done in the past and what kind of integrity the person has. Anyone can make a good first impression.
- Ideally you’ve worked with the person before. That solves a lot of the above.
- Share the same values as your partner.
- What is your co-founder’s main goals professionally and with the company? Is it a billion dollar business? Is it a lifestyle business? Get on the same page